Date and Time : 21-06-2020, 10:00 am
Facilitator: Sandhya Thakur (ST).
- In this session, ST gave information about different types of diseases like congenital & acquired. She had given information of diseases like typhoid, pneumonia, common cold, malaria, amoebiasis, ascariasis, ring worm. She also explained concept of prevention and levels of preventions, our responsibility for good health at individual, community, state & international level. She shared concept map covering almost all determinants of health like social support, education, health and social services, personal health practices and coping skills, physical environment, gender and culture.
- ST suggested that we should ask students what happen when someone fall sick in their house. Then what are the different steps family members take after that. Like, till what time we prefer home remedies?, What questions doctor asked to the patient when they visit doctor? She also emphasized on creating awareness in students about necessity of vitamins.
- NDD said that, it is important to make students write what they feel when they fall sick.
- ST mentioned the following activity for students.
Students will keep day wise record of the health issues they face, if any. And will also write down the diet they take accordingly their health issues.
- Shashikala madam mentioned that the information given by ST about diseases is very useful for students in tribal schools.
- SP shared an activity where along with her students she tried to create awareness about health amongst parents. She mentioned that parents listen to their students. Sometimes situations, financial conditions are also responsible for sickness or leads to various diseases. She also shared some steps that they have taken for students’ hygiene in their school. Like, students have to bring their own water bottle and they will not share it with others. She mentioned that utmost importance thing for good health is to stay happy.
- SR mentioned that teachers can do much to keep class environment happy.
- NDD also mentioned that different science institutes like Vidnyan Mandal, Marathi vidnyan parishad could conduct programs to create health awareness. Over this SP said that when outside persons visit schools and interact with students they listen to them nicely.
- MP mentioned that many times a lot of information is given in the newspaper and social media about seasonal diseases, diseases spreading at faster rates at times, precautions need to prevent these diseases, etc,. So, we should keep ourselves updated with this knowledge in order to fight against these diseases.
Report prepared by: Ms. Mayuri Pawar.